Zoloft® (generic names: Sertraline, Lustral, Deprax, Altruline, Eleval, Daxid, Besitran, Emergen, Gladem, Implicane, Sedoran, Sealdin, Serivo, Lowfin, Stimuloton, Serimel, Seretral, Tresleen, Sertralin, Bluefish) is a potent anti-depressant. Being a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor or SSRI, it helps in increasing the extracellular levels of serotonin and maintaining a right balance, thereby increasing serotonergic neurotransmission in brain, which accounts for its highly effective antidepressant effect. This medicine is prescribed doctors for the treatment of various mental illnesses like depression, stress, anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety, premenstrual dysphoric disorder etc. Unlike many other anti-depressants, this drug doesn’t cause any considerable weight gain, thereby making it a popular choice among doctors and patients alike.
Package & Dosage
It comes in a box of 28 pills designed for oral consumption each pill of 50 mg. This drug is available in the form of coated tablets. These pills are to be consumed swallowing it with water. It can be taken or an empty or full stomach. The dosage of this medicine depends on the patient’s needs, ailment and several other factors. The usual dosage, as recommended by doctors is:
* Patients of severe depression are usually prescribed 50 mg once a day.
* People with less invasive conditions like social anxiety disorder need a lower dose of 25 mg once a day.
* Those who are suffering from severe stress, post-traumatic stress disorder or PTSD and panic attacks are usually recommended 25 mg once a day.
* Obsessive Compulsive Disorder or OCD often needs a higher dose of up to 50 mg per day to combat the symptoms of the condition.
* As the symptoms of the condition stabilise the patient can be put on a stable dose of th medicine as per the doctor’s suggestion
Storage in a dry place at room temperature is recommended (DO NOT exceed 25° C). Keep away from direct sunlight and in unreachable place for children.
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the product we cannot accept returns. However, if the parcel is lost or held by customs we will issue 100% refund or ship you another similar package totally charge free!